Purchasing and Project Manager
Posted Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit, (TCAT) Inc. is looking for a Purchasing and Project Manager to be responsible for developing and maintaining TCAT standards, guidelines and procedures for the procurement of supplies, equipment, construction and services. The Purchasing and Project Manager conducts purchasing activities and exercises contractual management of 3rd party agreements and projects as appropriate.
• Works with the Controller to develop procurement standards, guidelines and procedures for TCAT’s purchasing activities that comply with local, state and federal requirements.
• Develops appropriate project bid specifications or standards for bids, RFP’s and written price quotations
• Oversees and directs the procurement process:
o develops and prepares project bid packages
o submits specifications to state and federal agencies as needed
o advertises for bids
o examines bid documents for full compliance
o submits bid documents to state and federal agencies for approval as needed
o analyzes bids and proposals and makes recommendations for contract awards as appropriate
• Manages project until project/grant/contract is complete.
• Develops and administers contracts for the purchase of goods and services; assures contract compliance.
• Good knowledge of principles and practices of purchasing and specification writing in a government setting, inclusive of typical documents, contracts and forms as well as bidding and procurement practices
• Knowledge of and experience with municipal or governmental purchasing in accordance with the laws of the State Of New York
• Good knowledge of ethical and acceptable business practices
• Ability to work with thoroughness, accuracy and integrity
• Associate’s degree in business management or related field
• Two years experience in purchasing in a public or private business environment with training which provides the required knowledge, abilities and skills to effectively perform the responsibilities of this position.
• Experienced with PC’s and related software including Word, Excel and other applications
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers and the public, handle details, meet deadlines and work independently
Full – Time Bus Operator
Posted Monday, May 9, 2016
Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit, (TCAT) Inc. is looking for Full Time Bus Operators to be responsible for driving a transit bus on fixed routes in the TCAT service area. Must be 21 years of age, have a high level of customer service skills, a professional attitude and a Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL) or a willingness to obtain one. TCAT will train for passenger endorsement. Background check and pre-employment drug testing are required.
• Drive a transit bus on fixed routes (and one demand and response route), as assigned, in the TCAT service area.
• Follow route schedules, timetables and comply with instructions.
• Create and maintain a positive and friendly atmosphere providing the customer polite and courteous service at all times.
• Provide information and direction through listening and interacting with passengers to help meet their needs.
• Perform pre-trip vehicle inspection checks as required by NYS law before departing the garage; complete Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR).
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Possess clean and valid Commercial Drivers’ License or be willing to obtain one.
• Be able to meet NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law’s 19-A requirements, including physical examination.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test and be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
• Possess good knowledge of safe driving practices, vehicle traffic laws and regulations.
• Must be able to drive in all types of weather.
• Possess good communication and customer service skills and be able to relate to customers and fellow works in a positive manner.
Full Time TCAT employees receive a competitive wage and have an excellent benefits package, including: Paid training, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and free transportation.
TCAT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, age, military status, marital status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identity or expression, or any other basis that would be a violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Please click on the links below for additional information.