Basic Cash Fares
|Fare type:||You pay:|
|Adult single ride||$1.50|
|Youth (17 and under)||$ .75|
|Senior (60 and older)||$ .75|
|Persons with disabilities||$. 75|
- Please have exact cash fare. Drivers do not have the capacity to make change.
The more you buy the less you pay
with a Tcard or fob
|Fare type:||You pay:|
|1-14 adult rides||$1.50 / ride|
|15+ adult rides||$1.33 / ride|
|1-6 consecutive days||$3.00 / day|
|7-30 consecutive days||$2.50 /day|
|31-364 consecutive days||$1.50 /day|
|365+ consecutive days||$1.25 /day|
Some common pass types
|15 Ride Card||$20|
|Half-fare 15 Ride Card (seniors 60 and older/ persons with disabilities; Medicare||$10|
|Youth 15 Ride Card (ages 6-17)||$10|
- Each ride is a one-way trip. A round-trip would cost two rides. Rides do not expire.
|1 Day Pass||$3|
|2 Day Pass||$6|
|5 Day Pass||$15|
- Day-based passes are good for unlimited rides on consecutive days beginning the first day the pass is used.
Youth Semester Passes
(Ages 17 and under)
|Fare type||You pay:|
Youth Semester Fall
(August 15 through Jan. 30)
Youth Semester Spring
(February 1 through June 30)
Youth Summer Fun
(June 27 through Sept. 6)
Passes for College Students
Use your student ID at the farebox. Enjoy special pricing and added convenience by having bus privileges loaded right onto your student ID card. It’s important to note that it may take 2-3 days for your new bus pass to work on the bus. In the meantime, please carry an alternate fare.
All registered Cornell students receive unlimited rides on all TCAT buses after 6 p.m. weekdays, and anytime Saturday and Sunday. Students pay no fare when using their CU ID card at the fare box. Please note: Students must remain registered in order for their privileges to remain active. The CU photo ID card is the fare medium and must be presented at the fare box-and read electronically-in order to ride at no cost.
The OmniRide student bus pass allows unlimited access to all TCAT buses in Tompkins County. Ride privileges are accessed using the CU ID card at the bus farebox.
The OmniRide pass is $100 per semester (2020-21 academic year); the price pro-rates monthly and the current rate will display at the time of purchase. Passes are valid August 17, 2020-December 31, 2020 (Fall) and January 1, 2021-August 31, 2021 (Spring).
- New-to-Cornell students matriculating in a degree program for the first time receive automatic, no-fee OmniRide bus pass privileges valid within their first academic year. This program is offered as an introduction to the local public transit service, and an inducement to leave the vehicle home.
- All other students enrolled in a degree program receive free, unlimited rides on all TCAT buses after 6 p.m. weekdays, and anytime Saturday and Sunday and can purchase a discounted OmniRide student bus pass for unlimited, anytime access to all TCAT buses.
- Student spouse/partners with a CU ID card can purchase the OmniRide student bus pass at 116 Maple Avenue. The base card privilege is unlimited rides on TCAT night routes 90, 92, and 93.
- Bus access using the CU ID card, including night/weekend and OmniRide, is paid for by Cornell University and is non-transferable.
- To be considered eligible for the no-fee OmniRide privilege, students must not have registered for a degree program at Cornell University in the past.
- For example, a student who attended as an undergraduate and is now entering a graduate or professional program would not be considered new-to-Cornell, and would not qualify for free OmniRide privileges.
- New-to-Cornell ride privileges are valid from Fall registration to August 31 of the following year for Fall entrants; January registration to December 31 of the same year for Spring entrants.
- It can take up to two business days to activate the CU ID for use at the farebox depending on the day/time of purchase.
- The CU photo ID card is the fare medium and must be presented at the fare box—and read electronically—in order to access ride privileges.
- If the CU ID card is rejected, the student must pay the cash fare (current fare: $1.50).
- Students must remain registered to retain their ride privileges.
- There are no refunds issued after November 1 (Fall passes) March 31 (Spring passes). Refunds are minus a fee of $40.00.
Cornell employees also have TCAT privileges.
|Fare type||You pay:|
|Fall Semester 8/20 through 12/20||$110|
|Spring Semester 1/20 through 5/20||$110|
|Summer Semester 5/21 through 8/10||$55|
Fall Semester 8/1 through 12/31
Spring Semester 1/1 through 5/31
Summer Semester 6/1 through 8/18
All IC employees are eligible for free TCAT service.
For more information, click:
If more than one bus route is needed to get you to your destination, transfer slips are available at no additional cost. You should request a transfer from the Bus Operator when you pay the fare or use a transfer slip. Riders are allowed up to two transfers to complete their trip. Transfers are good for a continuous one way trip on the day of issue and will only be honored on the next available bus. They will not be accepted on any trip that will return the passenger to the area in which the transfer was originally issued, nor to re-board the same route.
Day or semester pass holders do not need a transfer slip. Simply swipe your card again.
Children five years old and under ride free and must be accompanied by a responsible adult (up to three children per adult).
TCAT Military Personnel Fare Policy
Active Duty Military and Reserve Officer Training Corp (ROTC) students – demonstrating military service either by being dressed in official U.S.-issued military formal or informal uniform and/or with a current military ID – ride free.
Half-fare for Senior Citizens, Medicare cardholders and Persons w/ Disabilities
Persons 60 years old or older, medicare cardholders, persons with a disability and those currently receiving SSI, SSD, or disabled veterans benefits are eligible to pay half-fare on the TCAT bus. (This does not apply to Gadabout or ADA paratransit services.) The bus operator may ask for proof of eligibility. Acceptable forms of proof of eligibility are your Medicare card, Senior Citizen’s Discount Card, drivers’ license or your TCAT half-fare identification card (purple card).
If you have a disability that prevents you from using the TCAT bus, then you may be eligible for complementary paratransit, a specialized, door-to-door transport service for people who are not able to ride the fixed-route transit system because of a disability.