Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit, Inc. (TCAT, Inc.), an Ithaca, NY-based public transit agency, is welcoming proposals to provide transit development plan. TCAT, Inc. has compiled general information and expected requirements within the attachment below.
TCAT would like to achieve the following objectives as a result of implementation of the Transit Development Plan:
- A clearer, more efficient, and more attractive fixed‐route transit system with excellent multi‐modal connectivity.
- A plan for first/last mile service implementation in appropriate areas of Tompkins County.
- Technological upgrades that improve customer information and leverage existing AVL data.
- A list of recommended capital projects that go hand‐in‐hand with suggested service changes and branding recommendations. Example may include: new climate‐controlled transfer centers; electronic bus signs to improve branding; and technology applications (i.e. Transit Signal Priority), etc. Capital project suggestions should be provided with an estimated cost.
- Better use of existing financial, capital, and human resources and identification of opportunities to receive additional funding or other resources. Could include KPIs that could be shared with underwriters and community.
RFP (10/28 Timeline Correction) : TCAT RFP 201-2019 Transit Development Plan Final
Pre-bid meeting is on Monday, November 18 at 2 PM, on-site and via phone.
Bid due no later than Wednesday, December 18, 2019 by 4:00 PM local time.
737 Willow Avenue
Ithaca, New York 14850
Attn: Raymond Lalley
TCAT, Inc. reserves the right to waive any informal documentation. No proprietary information shall be provided. TCAT, Inc. hereby notifies all suppliers that in regard to any information obtained, pursuant to this RFP, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit a response and will not be subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex or national origin in consideration of the information solicited.