Due to pandemic-related shifts in academic calendars, TCAT this year will offer a 10-week winter period with service reductions from Sun., Nov. 29, through Sat., Feb. 6. See all schedules.
- Routes remaining the same are: 14; 14S and 41.
- Routes with adjustments are 10, 11, 11S, 13, 13S, 15, 17, 20, 21, 30, 31, 32, 36, 37, 40, 43, 51, 52, 65, 67, 70, 72, Tconnect 77, 81, 82, 90 and 93. (See below for overview.)
- Route 84 and 92 will not run.
- Rural routes to include 20, 21, 37, 40, 52, 65 and 67 will not serve West Campus at Stewart Ave. @ University Ave. as the majority of students who use those stops will be out of town. These routes will return to previous alignments and serve downtown via Central Campus stops.
- With the exception of one additional lunch hour trip, TCAT’s new app-based Tconnect 77 will continue on the same schedule through Feb. 6.
TCAT typically starts a four-month winter-spring service period in late January. As part of Cornell University’s pandemic safety strategy, however, most students will be leaving the area for Thanksgiving break and finishing out the semester remotely. Cornell’s spring semester is scheduled to start Feb. 8. Ithaca College students studied remotely in the fall and will start their spring semester on Jan. 27. TC3 held in-person classes in the fall and will begin the spring semester on Feb. 1.
Organizations and riders desiring printed schedules can call TCAT at (607) 277-RIDE (7433); email staff at firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail a request to TCAT, 737 Willow Ave., Ithaca, NY, 14850, marked “schedule request.” (Please remember to provide a return mailing address.) As always, TCAT advises riders to check for updates before boarding by using the Bus Tracker or the MyStop or other apps. TCAT continues to enforce coronavirus pandemic safety guidelines by requesting riders to wear face coverings. Additionally, TCAT will continue to limit the number of riders to 25 per bus.
Overview of changes:
- 10 (Commons/Cornell): Service hours between 7:10 a.m. through 7:07 p.m. with frequency reduced to every 20 minutes.
- 11 (Ithaca College/Commons): Frequency reduced to every hour with the first five trips at Longview drop-off only. (Please alert your bus operator if you wish to stop.)
- 11S (Ithaca College Shopper): Saturday: Eliminated last trip; service ends one hour earlier. Sunday: two trips added; service starts one hour earlier and ends one hour later.
- 13 (Fall Creek): Will resume serving Shops at Ithaca Mall on select morning and afternoon trips.
- 13S (Fall Creek Shopper): Will start later just after noon Mon.-Fri. due to low ridership in the morning. Will start at 10:03 a.m. Sat.-Sun.
- 15 (Southside Shopper): All inbound trips will resume serving Titus Towers. No weekday 12:33 p.m. trip from Green St. Station. No Saturday 4:35 p.m. and 5:05 p.m. trips from Green St. Station. Saturday: trips added.
- 17 ( Fall Creek/Commons): Adjustments reflecting changes to other routes.
- 20 (Enfield/Commons): Significant timing changes. Weekdays: First trip departs 15 minutes earlier. Trip added. Sunday: First trip departs 40 minutes earlier.
- 21 (Trumansburg/Commons): Significant timing changes. Last trip departs 25 minutes earlier.
- 30 (Shops at Ithaca Mall/ Cornell/ Commons): Frequency reduced to 30-minute Mon.-. Fri. and hourly on weekends.
- 31 (Convenient Care/ Cornell/ Commons): Eliminated inbound 8:07 a.m. trip starting from Convenient Care.minated one outbound trip from Green St. Station by combining last two trips into one 8:40 p.m. trip.
- 32 (Airport/ Cornell/ Commons): Eliminated 7:45 a.m. and 10:05 p.m. outbound trips from Green St. Station. Eliminated the 9:33 p.m. inbound trip from Ithaca-Tompkins International Airport.
- 36 (Lansing Town Hall): Significant timing changes. First a.m. and second from last p.m. trip will serve Lansing Fire Station #3, via Ludlowville.
- 37 (North Lansing): Minor timing changes.
- 40 (Groton/Cornell/Commons): Minor timing changes.
- 43 (Dryden/TC3): Significant timing changes. Added one additional trip on Saturday and Sunday
- 51 (Eastern Heights/Cornell/Commons): Minor timing adjustments. Will serve Maplewood Apts. Sat-Sun.
- 52 (Caroline/Commons): Minor timing adjustments. Second Saturday trip starts five minutes earlier. Added Sunday service with three outbound starting at Green St. Station at 8:25 a.m.; 12:10 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.; and three inbound trips starting from Caroline Turnaround at 8:47 a.m.; 12:50 p.m. and 6:10 p.m.
- 65 ( Danby): Timing adjustments. Added one a.m. outbound rip leaving from Aurora @ Commons at 7:45 am and inbound at 8:03 am trip from Hillview Terrace Mobile Home Park.
- 70 (Ithaca Mall/ Cornell/ Commons): Timing adjustments. Frequency reduced to hourly. Please refer to the 30 for similar service.
- 72 (Airport/Cornell/Commons): Last outbound trip now leaves Green @ Commons at 10:10 p.m. on Saturday and at 9 p.m. on Sunday. Route will serve Hasbrouck instead of Jessup @ Pleasant Grove. No service to Langmuir Lab.
- Tconnect 77 App-based, on-demand service to the Lansing/Etna area: Added one 11:35 a.m. trip from Shops at Ithaca Mall to reduce midday gap.
- 81 (Cornell Campus Service): Will start later in the morning at 6:45 a.m. from A-Lot. Reduced to 15-minute frequency. Route no longer serves B-Lot. Early morning workers should contact Cornell Transportation about relaxed parking rule on campus over the winter. https://fcs.cornell.edu/announcements/2020-11-13/temporary-parking-accommodation-permit-holders.
- 82 Cornell Campus/ East Hill Office Bldg.): Frequency reduced to 30 minutes.
- 84 (Cornell Campus/Collegetown): No winter service.
- 90 (Commons/Cornell Night Service): Last trip from Green St. Station is 10:03 p.m. Monday-Saturday. Last trip departs Green St. Station at 9:23 p.m. Sunday. Demand drop-off only for A Lot. (Please alert your bus driver.)
- 92 (Cornell Campus Service): No winter service.
- 93 ( Cornell Campus Service): Last trip from Schwartz Performing Arts Center at 10:11 p.m. Route adjusted to serve Tower Rd.