Please note: TCAT will not operate Mon., May 31, due to the Memorial Day holiday. Normal service resumes Tues., June 1.
TCAT’s summer routes will be in effect Sun., May 30, through Sat., Aug. 21.
- Routes operating the same schedule are: 13S; 14S; 15; 40; 53; 65 and Tconnect 77.
- Routes not operating:11S; 70; 72; 90; 92 & 93.
- Routes with adjustments: 10; 11; 13; 14; 17; 20; 21; 30; 31; 32; 36; 37; 41; 43; 51; 52; 67; 81 & 82.
- Several routes this summer have been designed to accommodate detours due to construction projects on College Ave. (Routes 10, 30 and 51) and Hoy Road (Routes 32 and 82.) North Aurora St. will remain closed for outdoor dining with rerouting to continue for Route 11 and (non-Cornell trips) for Route 65.
- Summer-only Route 22 weekend service starts Sun, May 30, with alternate trips to Taughannock and Lower Treman state parks. Weekday Route 22 service for local camps will start Mon., June 28. Route 22 this year will include some direct service to Trumansburg and the Taughannock Falls Overlook.
- On-demand, app-based Tconnect will launch in the Dryden area starting early July. More detailed information will be announced in June.
- Route 30 has been adjusted and will no longer travel Highland Rd. and the Parkway. Route will continue to use Jessup and Pleasant Grove roads. Due to College Ave. construction, route will use Stewart Ave. A temporary stop will be located at Campus Rd. @ College Ave.
- Routes 31 and 41 will be combined to become all fixed route (eliminating 41 demand-and-response.)
Printed and online schedules:
TCAT no longer prints its 72-page Schedules & Service Guide for mass distribution, but an online 2021 summer version is available on TCAT’s website here. Summer schedules will also be available online the day service goes into effect in easy-to-read table form to replace current spring schedules here.
Riders or organizations desiring individual printed schedules or the schedules and service guide can call TCAT at (607) 277-RIDE (7433); email staff at email@example.com; or mail a request to TCAT, 737 Willow Ave., Ithaca, NY, 14850, marked “schedule request.” (Please remember to provide a return mailing address.)
As always, TCAT advises riders to check for updates before boarding by using TCAT’s trip planners on the home page or:
- TCAT’s Bus Tracker at https://realtimetcatbus.availtec.com/InfoPoint/
- TCAT’s real-time apps at https://www.tcatbus.com/Apps
As of May 9, full seating capacity is allowed on buses, but TCAT continues to enforce coronavirus pandemic safety guidelines to include requiring riders to wear face coverings, per the latest state mask guidelines issued May 17. See TCAT’s Covid frequently asked questions here.
All routes that will be operating (click on links below; we are adding maps/timetables to all routes as they become available):
- Route 10 (Commons/Cornell)
Reduced to 20-min. frequency. Rerouted to use Stewart Ave. instead of College Ave. due to construction.
- Route 11 (Ithaca College/Commons)
Reduced to hourly frequency Mon.-Sun. Weekday morning trips will serve South Hill Business Park in both directions. (N. Aurora St. detour remains in effect for restaurant row outdoor dining. Inbound route from Hudson St. will use Prospect, Clinton and Geneva streets.)
- Route 11S (Ithaca College/ Commons/ SW Shopper)
No summer service. Riders are advised to use Route 15 to travel to southwest shopping centers.
- Route 13 (Commons/ Fall Creek/Stewart Park)
For summer, will serve Stewart Park in both directions. First trip to the mall departs 5 minutes earlier. No longer interlines (turns into) a Route 31.
- Route 13S (Commons/Fall Creek/ Aldi)
- Route 14 (Cayuga Medical Center/West Hill/Commons)
9 p.m. trip added Saturday.
- Route 14S (Southside Shopping/ Commons)
- Route 15 (Southside Shopping/Commons)
- Route 17 (TCAT/ Fall Creek/ Commons)
Changes to accommodate adjusted routes.
- Route 20 (Enfield/Commons)
First weekend trip will allow demand drop-off at Bock-Harvey Nature Preserve or the entrance only to Upper Treman State Park. For demand stop, riders should notify driver in advance where they would like to disembark. Additionally, Route 67 will provide inbound trips (back to downtown) from Lower Treman at Elmira Rd @ Enfield Creek Bridge, allowing hikers to do a one-way hike through Treman Park taking about one hour 45 minutes.
- Route 21 (Trumansburg/Jacksonville/Commons)
- Route 22 (Summer Service to Lower Treman/Taughannock/Commons/Trumansburg)
Weekend service will start Sun., May 30, and weekday service will start Mon., June 28. On weekdays, two trips will extend to Trumansburg Park-and-Ride. Weekends, trips will alternate between Lower Treman State Park and Taughannock State Park.
- Route 30 (Ithaca Mall/Cornell/Commons
Will continue 15-min frequency on weekdays and 30-min frequency on Saturday but also will now increase frequency to 30 minutes on Sunday. (No route weekend route 70). will no longer travel Highland Rd. and the Parkway. Route will continue to use Jessup and Pleasant Grove roads. Due to College Ave. construction, route will use Stewart Ave. A temporary stop will be located at Campus Rd. @ College Ave.
- Route 31 (Significant change. New combined Route 31/41 to serve Cornell/ Northeast Ithaca/ Sapsucker Rd./ Lower Creek Rd. and Etna Rd.)
For service to Convenient Care see Route 37 or outbound demand service on Route 32. To go downtown, riders are advised to pick up Routes 10 or 30 at Sage Hall.
- Route 32 (Airport/Cornell/Commons)
Will now run 7 days a week. (Note: No weekend 72). Due to Dwyer Dam/ Hoy Road construction, the outbound route will detour from NYS Rte. 366 (Ithaca Rd.) to Judd Falls Rd. to Tower Rd., back onto normal route on Feeney Way (formerly East Ave.) Inbound route from Feeney Way will use Campus Rd., to College Ave. to Dryden Rd. to Elmwood Rd., to Fairmont Rd., back onto NYS Rte. 366 (Ithaca Road).
- Route 36 (South Lansing/Cornell Commons)
Will not serve Lansing Fire Station # 3. Outbound trip will extend as far as Lansing School.
- Route 37 (North Lansing/Cornell/Commons)
Will not serve Lansing Fire Station #4. Outbound trips will extend as far as Lansing Town Hall. Added 1:50 p.m. trip.
- Route 40 (Groton/Cornell/Commons)
- Route 41 (Significant change. Demand and response eliminated. New combined Route 31/41 to serve Cornell/ Northeast Ithaca/ Sapsucker Rd./ Lower Creek Rd. and Etna Rd.)
Will combine with Route 31 to make new Route 31-41 with hourly weekday service.
- Route 43 (Groton/Freeville/Dryden/Cornell/Commons)
Keith and Lake stop will have only one inbound trip at 8 a.m. Keith and Lake p.m. stops will be demand drop-offs only. Please notify driver verbally in advance. (Please note on-demand, app-based Tconnect will begin serving the Dryden area in early July. Stay tuned for additional information.)
- Route 51 (Eastern Heights/Cornell/Commons)
Will serve Maplewood Ave. on evenings and weekends. Route will use Stewart Ave. instead of College Ave. due to construction.
- Route 52 (Caroline/Brooktondale/Cornell/Commons)
- Route 53 (Slaterville Rd/Varna/Cornell/Commons)
- Route 65 (Danby/Commons)
No change. (Aurora St. detour for outdoor dining remains in effect for non-Cornell-bound trips. Instead of traveling N. Aurora St., route will use Prospect, Clinton and Geneva streets.)
- Route 67 (Newfield/Cornell/Commons)
No change. First trip continues to campus interlining as a route 37 at Green St. Station.
- Route 70 (Ithaca Mall/Cornell/Commons)
Will not run. (See route 30.)
- Route 72 (Airport/Cornell/ Commons)
Will not run. (See route 32.)
- Tconnect 77 (App-based, on-demand Northeast Ithaca/ Lansing/Etna)
- Route 81 (Cornell Campus)
Reduced to 30-min. frequency starting in A Lot at 5:45 am.
- Route 82 (Cornell Campus)
Same 30-min frequency. Due to Dwyer Dam/ Hoy Rd. construction, loop heading to East Hill Plaza from Central Campus (Tower Rd./ Feeney Way) will detour using Campus Rd., to College Ave. to Dryden Rd., to Maple Ave. (back onto normal route.) Loop heading west back to Central Campus from Maple Ave. will use NYS Rt. 366 (Dryden Rd.) to Tower Rd.
- Route 90 (Cornell/Collegetown/Night Service)
Will not run in summer. (See 30, 32, 51.)
- Route 92 (Cornell Campus/Night Service)
Will not run (See route 51.)
- Route 93 (Cornell Campus/Night Service)
Will not run. (See route 51.)